Saturday, September 12, 2026


 

For this week's My 2 Cents Nintendo/Gaming video for the week of September 6 to 12, 2026, I give my thoughts on Capcom looking to revive some of the old IP, Thoughts on the Zelda Direct, & Thoughts on the September Nintendo Direct


Tags for this video: #briansolow #gamer55551 #my2cents #capcomgames #capcom #zelda #zeldadirect #nintendodirect #nintendo 


00:00 - Intro

01:14 - Quick My 2 Cents

10:14 - Movies/TV Show

12:08 - Part 1 Capcom

18:08 - Part 2 Zelda Direct

19:04 - What I like (Zelda Direct)

21:10 - What I didn’t like/Mix/Not Sure (Zelda Direct)

24:24 - Part 3 Nintendo Direct

25:30 - What I like (Direct)

30:58 - What I didn’t like/Mix/Not Sure


Quick My 2 Cents

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2026/09/star-fox-fans-are-eating-good-with-an-nso-drop-and-a-switch-2-update-inbound

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2026/09/maneater-sequel-now-in-development-for-switch-2-surfacing-2027

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2026/09/tales-of-eternia-remastered-performance-and-resolution-revealed-switch-switch-2

https://mynintendonews.com/2026/09/06/square-enix-wants-final-fantasy-vii-to-be-an-ip-with-an-ever-evolving-future/

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2026/09/rumour-killzone-project-in-early-development-probably-a-remake

https://nintendowire.com/news/2026/09/09/resident-evil-2-3-4-remakes-on-switch-2-digital-in-october-physical-next-year/

https://mynintendonews.com/2026/09/10/stellar-blade-on-nintendo-switch-2-will-ship-on-a-smaller-32gb-cartridge/

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2026/09/nintendo-switch-2-system-update-23-0-0-is-now-live-here-are-the-full-patch-notes

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/kojimas-physint-dropped-by-playstation-rescued-by-xbox/


Movies/TV Show

https://deadline.com/2026/09/box-office-summer-2026-record-1237068355/

https://cordcuttersnews.com/is-traditional-cable-tv-staging-a-comeback-against-cord-cutting-spectrum-executives-think-so/

https://cordcuttersnews.com/dumb-tvs-make-a-comeback-as-consumers-want-basic-tvs-again-with-built-in-dvd-players/


Capcom

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/capcom-says-it-will-focus-on-reviving-dormant-ips-after-onimusha-way-of-the-swords-breakout-launch

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/capcom-plans-to-grow-mega-man-devil-may-cry-and-ace-attorney-into-core-ips-like-street-fighter-and-resident-evil/


Zelda Direct

https://www.nintendo.com/us/whatsnew/the-legend-of-zelda-40th-anniversary-celebration-revealed-in-new-nintendo-direct-presentation/


What I like (Zelda Direct)

The Ocarina of Time Remake looks gorgeous 

Some QOL stuff for the remake (like the day & night cycle to improve controls)


What I didn’t like/Mix/Not Sure (Zelda Direct)

Outside of the Ocarina of Time Remake, everything else was “meh”

Missed opportunity for announcing stuff like Twilight Princess going to NSO, A new Zelda game in development, or an actual trailer for the Zelda movie


Nintendo Direct

https://www.nintendo.com/us/whatsnew/nintendo-direct-reveals-metroid-ravenous-kirby-and-the-world-beyond-and-more-games-for-nintendo-switch-2-and-nintendo-switch/


What I like (Direct)

Persona 4 Remake & Persona 6 are coming to the Switch 2

Far Cry 3 & Blood Dragon are coming to Switch 2

Resident Evil 2,3 & 4 Remake are happening on Switch 2

Some nice (and surprising) announcements, like Metal Slug Ultimate Collection to Kingdom Come: Deliverance 2

Metroid Ravenous & Kirby and the World Beyond were the highlights for me


What I didn’t like/Mix/Not Sure (Direct)

Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity is getting a Switch 2 version, but the upgrade will be around $30 (for those who own the Switch 1 version. Also, Switch 2 is a game key card)

No Dustblood release date, nor did we see a new 3D Mario game

Great that Switch 2 is getting good 3rd-party support, but the wow factor will eventually wear off


Music used for this video: Violet Letter by Aulx Studio (from premiumbeat.com) 


Follow me on

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/brian.solow.9

X - @BrianGamer5555 (Set to private so invite-only)

Blogger - http://briansolow.blogspot.com

Threads - @solowbrian

Mastodon - @bsolow5@mastodon.social

BlueSky - @gamer55551.bsky.social


Feel free to donate to this channel (if you like): https://www.paypal.me/BrianSolow

Support my channel on Patreon -  patreon.com/BrianSolow959

Support my channel on Streamlabs - https://streamlabs.com/briansolow1/tip

No comments:

Post a Comment